Today we will discuss wedding photography more specifically. What you should be asking your photographer. Plus meeting your photographer before you book and things to look for.
I have a lot of people phone up and they want to book over the phone without meeting me or seeing anymore of my work, whilst this is fine - I really like to meet people beforehand - I like to know whose wedding I am going to be photographing and make sure that we will be a good fit and that I can offer you what you want from your wedding day photography.
When you meet your wedding photographer, you need to ask all kinds of questions:
1. How long have they been photographing weddings - can they show you a selection of different weddings?
2. Can they show you albums that they can offer you afterwards if you decide you would like an album?
3.How long does it take for you to receive your photos after the Wedding Day and How will you receive them DVD, CD or USB memory stick - and if something happens to your copy are you able to get another copy if needed ?
4. Is there a fixed number of photos that you get or is it just as many as the photographer takes ?
5. Will your photographer do a few formal family Group photos - if so who decides what they will be?
6. Are you able to have any of the photos in black and white too?
7.is there a way of sharing the wedding photos online with friends and family?
8. If you haven't been to my venue before will you go there before the Big Day?
9.Do you work with an assistant or on your own?
10. Think about how you feel about your photographer - remember you need to like your photographer as they will be spending a lot of time with you on your Wedding Day and so they also need to understand what you like and don't like.
Whomever you choose to take your Wedding Day Photos, make sure you know what you get for your money and that you are happy and confident in your photographer, that they put you at ease and make you feel that you don't need to worry about your photos on your wedding day.
If you have any questions or would like to check if I am free on your Wedding day, please just drop me an email or call me.